Monday 22 August 2011

Science of Nutritional Immunology changed my life forever

A chain of fate brought the Science of Nutritional Immunology to me. This happened in 2000.


An ex-colleague, now a close girl friend of mine simply introduced to me a talk about 'Sharing The Gift of Health'. While I have very strong discrimination against network marketing, I consider myself an individual with an open mind. As I was at that time plagued with an underlying health condition, I attended out of curiosity.


I was very surprised I took home a wealth of knowledge completely unknown to myself. I attribute it to my complete ignorance. I am proud to admit I have no regrets, and am leading a far healthier and happier lifestyle today, as compared to my younger years. I feel and look even better than I was before.


Network marketing aside (because I really dislike network marketers in general), I could accept Nutritional Immunology simply because it is such a logical concept using pure common sense. However, I will always remember my university lecturer said, "Common sense is NOT common." 

What exactly is Nutritional Immunology? Nutritional Immunology is the science that studies the relationship between nutrition and our immune system.


To quote:
"Nutritional Immunology is a relatively new science pioneered by E. Excel International's founder, Dr Jau-Fei Chen. It studies the close relationship between nutrition and the immune system. Dr Jau-Fei Chen's research shows that consuming healthy foods strengthens the immune system; a strong immune system can defend us from most illnesses. Nutritional Immunology emphasizes consuming natural, wholesome foods for good health and does not endorse consuming chemically processed foods. This science surpasses the study of basic nutrients essential for survival such as vitamins and proteins. Instead, Nutritional Immunology researches on how antioxidants, phytochemicals and polysaccharides etc help boost the immune system.

Nutritional Immunology emphasizes "prevention over cure". It could be too late to search for a cure after we fall sick. Diseases can be better prevented if we provide our immune system with proper nourishment daily."



Sounds like common sense? However, majority of people do not know what constitutes a balanced, proper and healthy nutrition required by our bodies. Well, I didn't either, back then. It just simply means that if a person:
*Constantly feels a decrease in energy,
*Easily falls sick,
*Constantly face a recurring cough and cold, 
*Prone to allergies,
*Having red flags in their blood test results, and
*Is potentially diagnosed with or facing some form of body system dysfunction,
it is a sign to evaluate their diet in-take, the nutrition and the quality of foods they consume. It means that there are certain nutrients that the body is lacking that needs to be addressed, and it is also a wake up call for a potential lifestyle re-evaluation. People with known family history of hereditary diseases should be more cautious with their nutrition and lifestyle.



Even until today, I admit I have many times let my diet discipline slip away. I don't worry much as E. Excel, has come up with solutions to address my 'problem'. 


I would describe E. Excel International products as a product that offers me a 'new lease of life'. They offer health solutions that addresses the various human body systems, namely: 
1. The Cardiovascular and Circulatory Systems,
2. People On Low-sugar Diets,
3. The Digestive System,
4. The Endocrine System,
5. The Nervous System,
6. The Immune System,
7. The Respiratory System,
8. The Integumentary System, i.e. the Skin
9. The Musculoskeletal System,
10. The Reproductive System, and
11. The Eyes.

And their product range offers 3 functions, that is to: (1) Protect, (2) Cleanse, and (3) Repair for each of the above specific body systems which has given me a complete peace of mind for the last decade.

Dr. Jau-Fei Chen advocates the concept of Nutritional Immunology in response to the need to take care of the body by feeding it the whole-food nutrients. When the body is properly nourished, it can defend itself against numerous attacks from bacteria, viruses and germs. Even if a strong body falls sick, it takes a shorter period to recover.


Experts have concluded that foods which are beneficial to human health must fulfill the following six criteria: 
1. Plant food,
2. Healthy plant, 

3. Wholesome plant, 
4. Rich in phytochemical,
5. Consumed in many varieties and sufficient quantities, and
6. Does not interfere with the body's repair ability and defenses of diseases, i.e. does not give any side effects even if consume over the long term 


Practising balanced and healthy nutrition has to be accompanied by few other things to achieve optimum health. We should also:
1. Consume a minimum of 1.5L of water per day,
2. Manage and maintain stable emotions, i.e. not letting stress affect us, 
3. Exercise regularly, but not to the point of over-exerting as it does more harm than good to the immune system,
4. Ensure an early night of sufficient sleep and rest, i.e. before 12am, and a minimum of 7 hours sleep each day,

5. Adopt a healthier lifestyle, i.e. preferably to minimise eating and drinking after 830pm, and
6. Minimise abuse of and over dependence on antibiotics and chemical drugs. 


At one stage, my body was diagnosed and faced some form of dysfunction. I knew exactly the reasons after being educated by Dr Jau-Fei Chen. I say Nutritional Immunology has changed my life forever as it has offered me a new lease in life where it repaired my body and helped reversed my condition, for now. I call it my second chance.


I know that if I let myself slip too often from the 'rules', and take my health for granted thinking that I am healthy, I know the damage can recur if I base my logic on this Science. It is the priceless knowledge of this Science that I am constantly applying some common sense to constantly discover and apply holistic solutions to heal and protect my body. I believe that almost all E. Excel mommies will immediately agree that E.Excel always delivers when it comes to a feverish child. E.Excel has saved my many worrisome days when my little one had 40c temperatures.  


And if you ever wonder why I constantly share posts related to health, that figures. =)


Today's learning is, the best doctor in the world is our Immune System. Falling sick indicates an already highly stressed body largely from an unwise diet. Stress is another major culprit and also, the lack of sleep and rest, and unhealthy lifestyle.   


A reminder- try not to take your body and health for granted. As the saying goes, health is really wealth, as we grow older and hopefully wiser. Practise prevention. Sometimes finding a cure is already too late. 


Here's "Sharing the Gift of Health and Knowledge" for you, a gift from E. Excel International's founder and a respectable figure, Dr Jau-Fei Chen =) 


About Dr Jau-Fei Chen:


An introduction to our Immune System:


An introduction to Nutritional Immunology:


Read related post: R.E.S.P.E.C.T. Jau-Fei Chen

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your "common sense" knowledge with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure. Hope you will enjoy reading as much as I enjoy sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete