Thursday 22 September 2011

Getting protected from bad haze with Honeywell

An air purifier is the only item currently last on my health-related gadget list. And today I finally got my Honey.... well. 



I have purifiers for water and food (yea! a food detoxer :D) but not for air as I thought my whole family could beat the air pollutants from the current bad haze. I made a drastic decision in within 24 hours from yesterday to buy the Honeywell as I woke up with a sore throat which was supposedly healed many days ago. The haze has also aggravated my kid's respiratory recovery from last week's bad air.


Enough is enough for me. I shouldn't be penny wise pound foolish anymore with an air purifier. I've known about how bad and detrimental indoor air quality can be from more than 15 years ago, but time have changed when people's irresponsibility and ignorance are starting to affect my lifestyle. It can't be helped I have to spend this money and I have to also choose one carefully.


Ionizers are completely off my list. They emit ozone that is corrosive and it aggravates our respiratory system. Those with UVC lights are great for killing airborne bacteria and viruses, however, i find it difficult to find a trusted air purifier that combines UVC light with an excellent air particles filtration system.


My current concern is more of toxic airborne pollutants that are floating in the haze. I chose Honeywell as I was exposed to this brand name 15 years ago by someone involved in the R&D for a UVC air sterilizer during that time. This same person complimented about Honeywell's HEPA filter and it somehow stuck to my mind for the longest time.  Its uncontested testimony is being a trusted brand preferred by the medical industry. This is good enough for me.


I am sure there are many more new brands being developed over time and have no doubt delivered excellent health and respiratory solutions to many people. It's a matter of choice for me to go for Honeywell when it comes to established brands.


One more thing to add, I despise representatives from direct selling companies who dare want to claim they are they best in the world to potential customers, make branded names look bad and want to charge me an exorbitant price of SGD2650 while Amazon resellers charge about USD700!


I will stick to my trusted, Honey.... well :)  


My long term new Doctor following me home <3
Honeywell HAP18450
@RRP SGD859
Call Massmark.com.sg for a better quote ;)


Read related post: Holistic remedy for cough and cold

1 comment: